The Nintendo Switch is rapidly gaining in popularity, and with that comes a larger catalogue of videogame titles. With more software options available you’ll likely find that the included storage capacity will be running low very soon, but the Nintendo Switch does provide the option of installing a microSD card for additional capacity. Switch Streamers is here to show you how.
Firstly, you should note that the Nintendo Switch is currently compatible with three types of microSD card: microSD, microSD HC and microSD XC. It’s recommended that you use a high speed microSD card which supports UHS-I (Ultra High Speed Phase I). To install your microSD card on the Nintendo Switch, follow the simple steps below:
1) Turn off your Nintendo Switch.
2) Turn the device over, screen-side facedown.
3) Gently lift the kickstand to reveal the microSD card slot.
4) Insert the microSD card face-up. You will feel a click and here a sound denoting correct placement.
5) Push the kickstand back into lock position.
6) Turn the Nintendo Switch over and accept the prompt for a System Update.
7) Once the short update has finished, your new microSD card will be ready to use!
That’s it! You’ll soon be ready to download and enjoy many more videogames from the Nintendo eShop.
Found a good microSD card for use with the Nintendo Switch? Let us know your favourites in the comments below!